This decade is too fast then expected by technology leaders. So, let's come to the main point without talking unnecessary thinks.
In this article, I explaining how to modify MySql parameters while you are using AWS RDS (Relational Database Service) for MySql Database.I write this post after fixing an error of "MySql 'max_allowed_packet' bytes error during import database" but you can do anything with MySql database configuration parameters after reading this post. Let's start step by step how to fix this and many more things.
After reviewing this article I understand what I have to do and how.
Here are the following steps.
- Go to RDS page and click on "Parameter groups" text located in the left navigation.
- Now create a new group by clicking on "Create parameter group" orange button.
- Fillup parameter group form "Parameter group family" should be MySql version of your RDS instance than "Group name" and "Description" whatever you want.
- New "Parameter group" was created as "test" now edit it and increase "max-allowed-packet" by entering "10000000" (10 MB) value should be in Bytes after entering value don't forgot to click on "Save changes" button and make sure value is between 1024 Bytes to 1073741824 Bytes (1073 MB)
- Now you can see your changes by click on "Preview changes" button.
- Now we have to change the "Parameter group" in our RDS instance. SO, modify an instance and select "Parameter groups" which we created.
- Now after modifying RDS instance, you should Reboot it to apply your changes.
It's an output of research and self-motivation to learn something new and make development like Music.